Sherene Funk | Jan 25, 2019 | 0
The Mobile Marketing Trends That Will Define 2018
As we move into 2018, one thing is clear: not only is mobile marketing important, but it’s essential to understand how consumers behave on mobile devices. Why? Because, according to information found on Entrepreneur, more than 50% of all consumers will be using mobile devices first for anything they do online in 2018.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that 2018 will be all about catering to the consumers who now use smartphones and/or tablets as their first (and in many cases their only) device.
Throughout the world, mobile devices prevail when it comes to total minutes spent online. In the U.S., for example, 71% of total digital minutes comes from mobile devices, while in Indonesia 91% of time spent online comes from mobile. Nationwide, the time spent browsing the Internet on a smartphone averages about 87%, compared to 34 hours on a desktop, with these numbers increasing over the past year.
Official Google statements claim that more than 50% of search queries globally come from mobile devices (although experts say this number is closer to 60% now).
With these mobile statistics in mind, let’s check out 9 other mobile marketing trends that will define 2018:
1. Innovative Web Apps – “Progressive Web Apps are an emerging technology and experts are considering it to be the next big thing for mobile.” (Source: Bizness Apps via Entrepreneur)
2. Mobile-First Indexing – “Google announced in late 2016 that it would begin indexing websites based on their mobile sites, not their desktop sites,” according to a Bizness Apps Infographic. “Therefore, for a site to rank highly, its mobile presence needs to reflect the proper content and perform well.”
3. Quick Site Loading Times – “Optimizing your site for mobile doesn’t just mean cleaning it up code-wise; it also means paying attention to the speed with which it loads.” (Source: Bizness Apps via Entrepreneur)
4.Smart Content – “The digital world is trying to create personalized experiences with each user,” says Bizness Apps.
5. Focus on Micro-Moments – “Micro-moments are defined as moments during the day when a consumer instinctively reaches for their smartphone to find something—a tutorial, a recipe, today’s news events, trivia question answers, the location of a store, etc.” (Source: Bizness Apps via Entrepreneur)
6. A.I. Prominence – “Artificial intelligence has the potential to help marketers personalize the customer experience at an entirely new level.” (Source: Bizness Apps via Entrepreneur)
7. Livestream = Social Strategy – “The possibilities for incorporating livestream as part of a wider campaign are huge.” (Source: Bizness Apps via Entrepreneur)
8. Mobile Payments – “As mobile security gets harder and harder to crack, more consumers are starting to entrust their phone with access to their banking information.” (Source: Bizness Apps via Entrepreneur)
9. Augmented and Virtual Reality – “AR and VR will truly enter the mainstream, providing value to users in retail, travel, and media environments.” (Source: Bizness Apps via Entrepreneur)
Mobile is set to rule the marketing world in 2018 and in the years to come. As Nihal Mehta of Eniac Ventures put it:
“The mobile device has become our communications hub, our diary, our entertainment portal, our primary source of media consumption, our wallet and our gateway to real-time information tailored to our needs. The revolution is now!”