[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Modern marketing is about creating a personal connection with target audiences, and social media networks are helping businesses engage audiences and increase brand visibility.
With 1.97 billion users worldwide frequently checking their social media profiles, plus abundant statistics on the benefits of using popular social media platforms, there is much to suggest that “marketers must invest more in social media marketing,” according to Convince & Convert.
Among the various social networks, Instagram has emerged as one of the most powerful social media platforms for marketers due to high user engagement:
- Instagram followers have an engagement rate 58 times higher than Facebook and 20 times greater than Twitter (source: Convince & Convert).
- Retailers who engage their audience using Instagram experience growth as high as 237 percent (source: Convince & Convert).
Here are some other Instagram marketing statistics you may find interesting:
Publishing content on Instagram is a good way to expand your reach, build customer loyalty, and encourage future sales through sharing photos and 15-second videos. As Constant Contact explains it:
“Visual content from users that you follow is displayed in a timeline-style format, and anything you publish is displayed to the people following you. The simplicity is part of the reason Instagram is surging in popularity.”
Before you start posting content, it’s a good idea to come up with a strategy for the type of photos and videos you plan to share. Constant Contact suggests responding to big news stories, industry developments, and trending hashtags as a way to engage your followers and demonstrate that your brand is “in the know.”
Like all social networks, your involvement in Instagram should be thought of as a two-way relationship. You’ll want to follow industry-related businesses and/or influencers, comment on other users’ posts, and become a part of other online communities.
4 Ways Your Business Can Benefit From Using Instagram
As per Business Bee, “Instagram is an online marketing tool that should be a permanent part of your marketing strategy toolkit.” Here’s why:
- Invites consumers to window shop – Gives your followers a taste of your products and services. Let’s you create captions where you can share intriguing and relevant information that will capture your followers attention.
- Takes users “behind-the-scenes” – Provides your followers with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at your company’s products and services. This makes your followers feel that they’re getting bonus insights that non-followers aren’t.
- Allows you to offer followers exclusive benefits – Similar to giving your followers a special behind-the-scenes peak into your business, offering exclusive bonuses to followers also makes them feel like a part of your company’s inner circle. This allows you to introduce them to new products or services before they go public, Additionally, you can offer discounts or special promotions that will make your followers feel like they’re part of an exclusive group (which will also encourage curious browsers to become devoted followers).
- Makes your business more personable – Gives your followers an inside look at you and your employees at work, play, or special events. Sharing compelling information in the captions will encourage your followers to get to know you better and keeps your brand on their minds.
Instagram is a powerful social network that can draw people to your business by sharing your personality and creativity through photos and short video snippets. “Used properly,” says Constant Contact, “Instagram gives you an easy way to enhance your reach and expose your business to new people”
It only takes a few seconds to set up an account and come up with an initial strategy to grab your audience’s attention. Then it’s just a matter of snapping your way to marketing success.
Need help getting started on Instagram? Check out Constant Contact’s Instagram 101.