According to AdRoll, a mere 2% of shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store. Retargeting helps you bring back the other 98% by keeping track of people who visit your site and displaying your retargeting ads to them as they browse other sites online.

“Retargeting generates greater online sales by keeping your brand front and center and bringing “window shoppers” back when they’re ready to buy.”

Source: AdRoll

Whether you’re an e-commerce site or a brick and mortar store, you can benefit from incorporating a retargeting strategy into your marketing game plan. Here are 5 statistics that prove it:

 

5 Impressive Retargeting Statistics

 

1. 25% of online viewers like receiving retargeted ads. (Spiralytics)

While most consumers (60%) are neutral about seeing retargeted ads, 25% of shoppers like receiving them because they are reminded of products and services they were previously looking at.

 

2.Website visitors are 70% more likely to convert after seeing a retargeting ad. (Spiralytics)

Consumers usually browse numerous websites as part of their research in helping them make a purchasing decision. Retargeting gives them a little nudge in the direction of your brand. When a customer sees a retargeting ad, there’s a 70% chance that they’ll purchase your product over your competitor’s.

 

3. Three out of four consumers notice and consider retargeting ads. (Invespro)

Retargeting display ads remind visitors of products and services they’ve previously shown an interest in.

 

4. The click-through rate (CTR) of a retargeted ad is 10 times higher than the CTR of a typical display ad. (Spiralytics)

While the average CTR for display ads is about  0.07%, the average CTR for retargeting ads is 0.7%—10 times better than regular display banners. Retargeting ads are more likely to convert website visitors compared to other digital advertising strategies.

 

5. 91% of marketers found that retargeting performed the same as or better than search, email, or other display ads. (Spiralytics)

Marketers can vouch for the effectiveness of retargeting ads. In fact, according to Sprilytics, 68% of marketing agencies and 49% of businesses have a dedicated retargeting budget.

 

The Takeaway

Retargeting can be a powerful and effective marketing strategy, giving you multiple opportunities to re-engage prospective customers.

“Every time your customer sees your retargeting ads, your brand gains traction and more recognition. The high click-through rates and increased conversions that are typical with retargeting campaigns underscore the value of good branding and repeated exposure.”

Source: Adroll

The five statistics above illustrate how a retargeting marketing strategy can help your business generate customer interest, drive traffic back to your website, and significantly improve conversions.

About Author

Sherene Funk

Sherene Funk is the author of the contemporary romance Autumn in Your Arms and the eBook The Small retailer's Ultimate Guide to Increasing In-Store Sales. She is a voracious reader who owns more books than she can ever read in this lifetime (but that doesn't stop her from collecting more). A graduate of Brigham Young University, she has published several humorous non-fiction articles and worked in advertising for many years before moving to her current position as a writer on modern retailing at Rain Retail Software. She researches non-stop to see what successful retailers do and loves to share what she learns with other small business owners through informative articles that address their unique needs.


Also published on Medium.

Share This