Did you know that among all the social networks, YouTube’s number of users is second only to Facebook?
“The beauty of developing a video marketing plan is that you are making it easier for the viewer to be exposed to the information you are trying to communicate.” Source: Chris Sandoval
YouTube presents an amazing opportunity to tap into a gigantic audience that is consistently searching for and sharing video content online. Below you’ll find 12 compelling statistics to help guide your digital marketing strategy.
12 Statistics to Guide Your 2018 Digital Marketing Strategy
- There are more than 1.5 billion YouTube users.
- 58% of American adults use YouTube, according to Pew Research Center.
- The amount of YouTube content people watch translates to a billion hours per day—more than 114,000 years worth of YouTube video every single day.
- 70% of YouTube viewers use the platform to help solve a problem with work, school, or hobbies. 86% regularly use YouTube to learn new things. 57% of users use YouTube for Entertainment purposes.
- 68% of the time U.S. adults spend using multimedia apps is to view YouTube, according to comScore.
- A Google and comScore study found that 48% of online video viewers name YouTube as their top video site.
- 50% of all YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- 51% of US Marketers run YouTube video ads. 62% plan to increase their YouTube ad spend in the next 12 months.
- One-third of YouTube’s large advertising customers use six-second bumper ads, which account for a 70% increase in brand awareness and a 90% increase in ad recall.
- An Ipsos Reid study found that 62% of ad time on YouTube mobile receives the viewer’s attention, compared to 45% of TV advertising time.
- 70% of U.S. marketers are confident that their YouTube videos can lead to purchases, and 81% are confident they can increase customer engagement.
- YouTube ranks as one of the top three most valued social media platforms for B2C marketers, according to research from Clutch and Smart Insights.
With more than 1.5 billion users, YouTube can be your best friend when it comes to building an effective digital marketing strategy.
If you want to tap into a massive audience that actually wants to search for and share your video content, start taking advantage of the social media platform whose number of users is second only to Facebook—a social media site that’s partial to visual content, btw.
“Video marketing is a powerful means for promoting anything you want online, whether it’s a product, service, opt-in form, website, blog, etc.” Source: Video Marketing Tips to Drive More Traffic
Also published on Medium.