On Average, Google processes over 40,000 search queries every second, translating to more than 3.5 billion searches daily and 1.2 trillion searches annually worldwide.
If you’re not one of the more than 66% of marketers who feel that improving their SEO and growing their organic presence should be at the top of their inbound marketing to do list, you might want to rethink that. SEO is a multibillion-dollar industry that can benefit your business.
Here are 11 compelling facts that reveal the value of SEO:
1. According to 85% of retailers, the most effective customer acquisition method is paid and SEO search marketing (Source: Search Engine Watch).
2. The #1 driver of traffic to content sites is search, beating social media by over 300% (Source: Iron Paper).
3. On average, conversion rates on search are 10 times higher than social on desktops (Source: GoDaddy 2016).
4. Half of search queries are four words or longer. Not using long tail keywords can result in losing potential leads. (Source: Propecta 2017).
5. 50% of web users begin their searches on a mobile device, a percentage that is only going to increase (Source: Inet Solutions 2016).
6. An average web user spends nearly three hours a day on a mobile device (Source: Smart Insights 2016).
7. Users looking for local information—such as business hours, directions or a physical address—account for 56% of mobile searches (Source: Inet Solutions 2016).
8. 18% of local searches performed on a mobile device lead to a sale within a day (Source: Junto 2017).
9. The clickthrough rate for the first position on Google’s organic search results on a desktop is 34.36% (Source: Hubspot 2017).
10. 1 million Google search results analyzed by Back Link indicated that links impact rankings more than any other factor. Google reinforced this statement claiming that backlinks are among their top three ranking signals (Source: Back Link 2017).
11. According to one study, pages with a video are 53 times more likely to rank on the first page of Google search results (Source: Shareaholic).
“In today’s competitive market, SEO is more important than ever,” says Reliable Soft. “Search engines serve millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems.” Good SEO practices.will not only improve the user experience and the usability of your website, but it will help you attract targeted traffic that is more likely to lead to conversions.
The 11 SEO statistics above should drive your marketing strategies as you strive to meet your company’s objectives and grow your business in 2018.