How Automating Purchase Orders Will Save Your Business Time & Money
Good inventory management requires a savvy purchasing system that keeps track of everything from the vendors you use to your ordering schedule.
Automating your purchasing processes will help your business maintain good vendor relationships, improve inventory management, and increase cash flow by streamlining vital transactions that affect your bottom line.
The Importance of Purchase Orders
Purchase orders help you keep track of inventory items that should be ordered, when they will be needed, how much they will cost, and what the shipping terms will be, along with other relevant details.
All of these vital components need to be backed by real-time data that reflects current inventory levels so your business doesn’t up filing purchase orders that aren’t in sync with your actual inventory needs, which could result in decreased profitability.
An integrated inventory management software system like Rain POS is essential for businesses looking to enhance the performance of their purchasing processes.
Here are 6 reasons why:
- Streamlines Re-ordering: Inventory alerts automatically notify you when inventory levels fall below the thresholds you set so you’ll always know in advance when you should resupply your stock.
- Uses One Database For Optimal Integration: Rain POS allows you to easily manage your inventory, vendor accounts, and purchase orders all in one system. This all-inclusive platform pulls your data from one place, so everything is always in sync, making inventory management significantly less complicated.
- Provides Real-time Data: A cloud-based inventory management system like Rain POS will provide you with real-time data anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll be able to check on the state of your business as long you have access to the internet.
- Saves Time: With Rain POS, you won’t waste time making multiple entries—in multiple places—for a single transaction. Simply add product information in one place and your inventory management system will take care of the rest in one seamless, simultaneous step. You’ll always know the current state of your product status so you can avoid inventory pitfalls like overages and shrinkage.
- Reduces Costs: According to the 2016 National Retail Security Survey, 16.5% of inventory “shrinkage” (lost inventory) is caused by administrative and paperwork errors. The most efficient way to manage all inventory-related processes—including purchasing—is to automate them with an integrated software application like Rain POS.
- Helps You Budget & Forecast More Effectively: Rain POS provides you with real-time data to help you make decisions about purchasing and sales. You’ll know what products are best sellers and which vendors aren’t meeting their delivery commitments.
When you consider what’s entailed with growing your business, investing in an integrated inventory management system might not be the first thing that pops into your head, but there are plenty of vital reasons why it should be at the top of your to-do-soon list.
Implementing an all-inclusive, cloud-based software program that automates inventory updates as sales are made, products are ordered, and items are sold, will save time and increase profitability by tracking your supply in real-time. Plus, you’ll be able to plan and manage purchases from vendors and have access to a dynamic view of your cash flow anytime, anywhere.