22 Tips For Filling Every Class This Year
What are the benefits of holding classes? Why would you want to go to the extra effort?
You probably already know this. You establish your store as an authority in the industry. You increase your customer interaction which increases customer loyalty, and most importantly, you get customers in the store.
We know that you have a lot going on, and a lot to think about when it comes to your business. We decided to create this list to give you one less thing to think about.
Here are 22 ways you can increase class attendance and revenue this year.
Spotlight Your Teachers To Show Expertise
Teachers are awesome. They are the reason you can even hold your classes, so tell your audience how great your teachers are and how much they have to share.
- Showcase talent and expertise of teachers in your advertising. How long have they been teaching? How long have they been involved with the subject their teaching? Showing your teacher’s credibility will let your customers know that they will be getting their money’s worth and will add to what you’ve done to establish your store as an authority and key part of your industry.
- Work with your teachers to reach out to an audience they may already have. Will they talk about teaching your class on social media? Do they have a blog or website where they can include the class dates and location(s)?
Use Email To Bring Customers Back To You
If you have a customer’s email address, you have a lot. You have an easy way to share with them all of the great things your store has going on and bring them back to it. You can remind them of the great experience they had in your shop and show them the potential for new adventures your classes and product give. (Become an email-marketing master with this guide.)
[Tweet “86% of consumers would like promotional emails from recognized companies at least monthly.”] Source: Statista
- Include upcoming classes in your newsletter. Hopefully, you are already creating an awesome monthly newsletter. In each one, be sure to include dates for upcoming classes and events. Include links to your website where they can learn more about the class or sign up to take it.
- Send out emails letting customers know that seats are filling up. No one wants to miss out. Remind customers of the class you are holding by letting them know when seats are filling up. Creating a sense of urgency will encourage them to sign up. Be sure to tell them how they can sign up! Include a link, or your phone number.
- Collect email when customers sign up for class. Remind customers when their classes are coming up and include a line on other classes you offer.
Use Video To Connect
Video is an excellent tool for creating a human connection that otherwise might not happen. Because today’s consumer can watch videos so easily, on so many devices and via so many channels, you want to be sure to utilize the power of video to market your classes. Read about the importance of video marketing here.
You don’t need a fancy or expensive camera. Even a video taken on your phone will provide customers with an insight into the experience you are offering.
- Show customers what they’re missing with Facebook live. Have you seen the go live option on Facebook? This is a great way to connect with customers and show them how awesome your classes are. Give them another reason to join you next time.
- Think of ways you can be creative with video when it comes to classes. Take a short video featuring the instructor talking about the upcoming class, take a video of the class in action, or take a video of the location if it makes sense.
Create a Buzz with Social Media
The world has become a much smaller place, thanks to social media. Don’t miss out on the great visibility social media can give you.
- Join community groups on social networks. Many towns have Facebook groups where people can share local events. Share your upcoming events here. Use your best judgment in how often you do this. If you do a lot of classes and events, share info on the overall class (rather than each section), or share the info on classes for that month.
- Be sure to post your upcoming events on your own social profiles. You can even create them as events and invite fans to attend. Learn more about creating social profiles here.
- Try using a few bucks to advertise special events. Depending on the size you want to target, you can spread the word with only a few bucks. Go to the social network your customers are a part of, and do some testing with ads.
Decrease Class Cost to Increase Revenue
Everyone loves a discount. In fact, 96% of consumers use coupons. Not a surprise. So try it out. Of course, you’ll need to do your own cost analysis on the amount of discount you give, but in the end, decreasing the class cost could increase attendees and revenue.
- Offer a discount on products class attendees purchase during the class. Offer customers an incentive to sign up for a class by giving an exclusive discount during it.
- Give attendees a discount for bringing or referring a friend to your class. If they come together, maybe give them each a discount.
- Give attendees a frequent student discount. After they attend so many classes, offer a discount on their next class series. Keep them coming back for more.
Use Paper To Get The Word Out
While some may thing that paper is becoming obsolete in a world of growing technology, there are still plenty of people who like having a hard copy coupon, class calendar, event reminder, etc.
“35% of shoppers use print and digital coupons equally while 51% say they print digital coupons for use in-store.”
- Put a small flyer in each customer’s bag as they check out. This may be an oldie, but it’s a goodie. Those at your store’s checkout already know about your store and like it. Take advantage of this and keep them aware of upcoming classes they may like with a flyer.
- Hang signs up in your store advertising upcoming classes. This one is nothing new, but it is sometimes so obvious that it is overlooked. Don’t forget to hang signs around your shop!
- See if your local newspaper will come during a class to take some pictures. While many people read their news online, there are still many who read the newspaper, and there are many newspapers that offer an online version. Reach out to a local newspaper to see if they’ll cover a particularly awesome event or class your shop is hosting.
- Give class attendees flyer with dates of upcoming classes. Those already taking your classes are likely going to be interested in what else you can teach them. So show them with a handout of upcoming classes and events.
Let Your Classes Speak For Themselves
Any type of product, including classes, events, and services, is more trusted with testimonials and reviews. Use this principle for your own events and start collecting and sharing testimonials.
- Get testimonials from class attendees. Testimonials are a huge factor in convincing customers to purchase a product. Building that trust factor takes away the fear customers have that their money wouldn’t be well spent. Get written testimonials (with permission) and include them in marketing emails, your website, and anywhere else you are advertising your classes and events.
Remember The Power Of Your Website
Your website is your shop’s home away from home. Take care of it the way you take care of your store because, it is, in fact, a part of it. So keep it updated and use it to show the online world what great things your store has to offer. Read the top 8 website mistakes you need to fix here.
- Create a calendar on your website to help customers track events. Giving online visitors a look at the classes you will be offering over the next few months will help them plan to attend.
- Show upcoming classes and events on the homepage of your website. Give them a preview and then link to your full calendar.
- Make classes purchasable online. Don’t give customers any reason to hesitate on signing up for classes. Make it easy for them to sign up and purchase your classes from anywhere with internet access. Our POS makes this easy for your customers and for you. Watch the video below to learn more.
Be Where Customers Look
A great majority of us spend way too much time on our phones. Take advantage of this time by being on those phones we’re all looking at. Did you know that text messages have a 98% open rate? Take advantage of that to market your classes to your customers.
- Use text message marketing to market classes and remind attendees they are coming up. Our software allows you to do this right from your POS system.
Get Started Today
Don’t miss out on the great opportunity classes bring to increase sales, spread the word about your shop, and establish your store as an authority in your industry. Pick a few items from our list to start this week and then move up from there. Also, pay attention to what’s working. Ask class attendees for feedback on your classes, your marketing, etc. Also, be sure to ask them how they heard about your class.
Are you a little overwhelmed? Watch the short video below to find out how easy class management is with Rain’s POS Software.